Visit the Department of English and American Studies (KAA)!
The next Open Day will take place on November 25, 2016, and then on January 21, 2017, as part of The Open Days of the Philosophical Faculty of Palacký University (FF UP).
Information meetings in the Department of English and American Studies will follow the Philosophical Faculty studies information meetings in the Auditorium (Aula) of FF UP. In addition to general information about the study programs at KAA, entrance examinations and an optional preparation course, we prepared a lecture entitled “What is linguistics?”(video available here). Visitors will also get the chance to talk to current KAA students and attend a demonstration of some teaching methods.
The programme of the Open Day at KAA (Třída Svobody 26, Olomouc):
- non-stop: Leaflets and brochures to take away, a meeting with KAA students, individual consultations with visitors, example bachelor's and master's theses- ground floor, right, room 1.59
- (10.00 – 10.45: information meeting with FF UP representatives, FF Auditorium - room 2.31)
- 11.00 – 11.20: information meeting at KAA, ground floor, right, room 1.49
- (11.30 – 12.15: information meeting with FF UP representatives, FF Auditorium - room 2.31)
- 11.30 – 12.00: presentation on the Interpreting and Translation study programme (ATP), 2nd floor, right, room 3.29
- 11.30 - 12.30: demos of computer-based teaching: phonetic analysis of speech, pronunciation trainers. 2nd floor, right, room 3.28